Monday, November 3, 2008

Harvest Party

I made mention in my last post Samuel's Harvest Party at school last week, on Friday. I woke up early so I could attend. I don't go to a lot of things at the school these days because often times I'm working so I decided that I was going to wake up early and go on over to THIS one.
WHAT a GREAT job they did over there. WOW!!
They had a TON a FUN activities for the kids.


Here's Samuel after he got his face painted for the FIRST time. He ended up getting a scar on his other cheek.

They had some REALLY talented face painters. Both Joe and I were impressed.








Pumpkin bowling........

The boys LOVED this....and you should have seen the poor pumpkin- all duct taped up...lol

...starting to 'spill it's guts'. LOL









Gourd painting. Someone brought a HUGE box of gourds so the kids each picked one and drew on it. They enjoyed it.





Samuel showing his off for Mom.

:)










and BUBBLES!!

Honestly, I don't think kids ever outgrow bubbles. I know I EVEN like bubbles!!!

The kids played out with the bubbles for as long as they could....until the teachers encouraged them to let the other kids get a chance.....


They also had stuff to decorate bags and then the kids could take a handful of goodies (like OTC stuff) to put in their bag. They had a station where they could color a face mask-Samuel did one up with Joe's help. Joe really is a creative guy.

ANOTHER thing the kids LOVED was a big 'ol box filled with shredded paper and little trinket toys (OTC again). One of the 'hit's' (for the boys anyways) was those little man toys with the sticky balls on the hands and feet. The kids throw them up the wall and they 'walk' down.
One of these guys..........
The boys totally digged 'em.
They also had a trail mix. They had each of the kids bring in a baggie full of something 'healthy' to contribute to the mix (dry cereal, nuts, raisins, cheez it's, pretzels etc...) They had a HUGE bowl FULL. What a great idea instead of candy right?!
There was another table with apples and caramel and a ginormous cake.
WHAT A FUN TIME!!! I was SO glad I went and Samuel was SO happy Mom and Dad were there!

No comments: