Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween


This is Samuel's pumpkin. He carved it ALL by himself. No bad!! He was kind of disappointed because the one eye is so crooked.....I like it. I think it makes it look all the better!!
Happy Halloween!!! :)
Really......anyone who really knows me knows that I'm not a huge Halloween fan.
My 'favorite' Halloween was when I was 24!
I was pregnant with Nikki and went trick or treating with my siblings as a bunch of grapes.
It rained.
Do you know HOW difficult it is getting in and out of a vehicle with a bazillion blown up balloons pinned all over your body?!
Lets just say I've had easier tasks! :)
The year Samuel was born we decided we'd just start taking the kids somewhere fun for dinner or something instead of the whole trick or treat thing. It worked well for a while.....until we moved here and had less 'fun' options so the past 2 or 3 years the kids have gone out trick or treating....
THIS year, however, we went to a friends house for a Halloween party and OH MY GOSH did we have a good time!!! It was a dress up party. I was scheduled to work so I didn't get a costume thinking I wasn't going to be able to make it but GUESS WHAT??? I was lucky enough to get low censused Friday night and I was able to GO to that party!! WOOHOO!! I just HAVE to share a few pictures:
Here's Joe and Jim. OH MY GOSH if he (Jim) didn't have me HYSTERICAL all night long. If you can't tell, he's a 'biker babe'. OH MY GOODNESS he CRACKS ME UP!! And Joe....yeah, well, lets just say he's a hillbilly of sorts.................. What a pair those two!! LOLOL
OH! But you've GOT to get the FULL effect of Jim........

Just relooking at these pictures this morning I crack up. LOLOL


Here's Samuel:
Joe picked up a little face painting kit thing for him, UGH!
Our own little 'Chamuco'. Of course he had to follow his dad's suit and wear some 'redneck teefers'.
UGH again!
Joe did his makeup, which I gotta say was pretty good.......I guess.
His class had a 'Harvest Party' earlier in the day so he still had the bat and scar that he had painted on his face from there. I'll post pics of that next........
Nikki was going to be the rabbit from Alice In Wonderland. She bought all the stuff she said she needed and then never ended up dressing up after all. None of the older kids did actually.
Bonnie, Jim's wife, did a GREAT job. She had ALL KINDS of decorations up, the place looked GREAT!! She even had prizes for the kids!! They decorated pumpkins and did all kind of fun things....and then they watched scarey movies all night long. Yikes. That's NOT for me. I'm NOT a scarey movie kind of a girl.
Bonnie says they're going to make this party an annual deal. I know where WE'LL be next year!!!!! :)

No comments: