Thursday, December 11, 2008

It's Thursday!!

It's been a GREAT week! Boring at times, yes it's true, but IT IS orientation. :) Just being here at these classes, learning more about the organization I'm working for now......right now, I REALLY DO wish I'd done it sooner!!! I think me and this place are going to be a good fit. Now, keep in mind, I've said all this without ACTUALLY working yet. HA! But their principals---I'm on board!! This organization REALLY cares about their 'customers' AND their employees. NICE!
Joe left yesterday morning. Jury duty. 'Cept he called me about 10:00am and told me guess what???? Well, OF COURSE.......they dismissed him. :)
Turns out he NEEDED to be home anyways---oh the drama---but that's not a story for today....
The kids are GREAT!! Nikki stayed with a friend...had her FIRST game---she's cheering for the basketball team. She wasn't pleased with her performance BUT it was her FIRST game. She'll do better tonight. :) YES! She has ANOTHER game tonight, home, and HOPEFULLY we'll be home in time to make it!!!
Samuel stayed with my friend Sonia and her family. When Joe went to pick him up yesterday....he DIDN'T want to come home!!!! She, Sonia, is one of THE SWEETEST people I have EVER met. And her family.....AWESOME! You just can't help but LOVE them!!! I was going through some tough times about a year or so ago--God KNEW what I needed, or WHO....and then there was Sonia!!! :) I am SO THANKFUL for you Sonia!!! She's helped me through some tough times and ALWAYS keeps me focused on what's IMPORTANT!
Anyways, back to Samuel....He's only ever spent the night at his BF, Riley's, house so although I wasn't worried really....just wondered how he was going to do when it came time to go to bed. As it was, Sonia was OFF the first night--perfect!!! Well, he did great. Sonia 'momma'd' him just like his Momma does! :)
I'd HOPED to leave you with a few pictures.....ahem.....but it would SEEM my dear, lovely, wonderful husband TOOK my camera home with him. DOOFENSCHMIRTZ! <- (that 'word' is off some cartoon Samuel watches and it just STICKS!)...oh, and of COURSE, I say that ONLY in LOVE!!! :)
So, no pics. I've never uploaded pics from my phone. They just don't seem to be THAT great on my phone much less anywhere else. Maybe one day I'll give it a try but that day isn't today.
We didn't end up going to Leavenworth the other night either. Would you believe I came home and took a nap. Wouldn't believe it would you???? Well, I did. And by the time Joe was able to awaken me from my slumber, I didn't want to GET UP much less go to Leavenworth so we went to another local restaurant...The AppleWood Grill. It was alright. The service was great until we wanted to leave and then we couldn't get them TO COME and take our money....hmmmm. I had the 'Drunken Shrimp'. It wasn't bad....lots a shrimp....in a tequila, garlic, lime (butter) sauce. Joe had a salad...ohhh, if I could think of the name of the salad right now...but I can't. It was what he wanted....he was 'craving' salad. WHATEVER!
I shouldn't say that....I WAS craving a salad yesterday....that chicken, apple, walnut salad....ummmmmmmmmmmm. And let me just tell you, it HIT the SPOT. JUST what I wanted. Was it ever good. So I guess one CAN crave salad.
Well, we leave and go home today once class is over. Our manager/supervisor told us we could take tomorrow off if we wanted. SWEET!!! Don't have to tell US twice!!! Then we'll be BACK on Monday for more training, computer training for the week.
I'll be back sometime this weekend. I still want to post some Christmas pics. I took some pictures of some of MY favorite decorations. I just haven't taken the time to post them yet. Hopefully this weekend.
Have a WONDERFUL day!

2 comments:

cherry said...

Hi there! I came over from Carries....you have a fun blog! Good luck on your job. cherry

Elaine said...

wow...what a great update! I feel like i was a little birdie on your shoulder all week! :) Thank you for taking me with you! :) Glad all is well! :) lovey ya!
e