Sunday, December 7, 2008

Sometimes I even surprise myself

We have LOTS of eagles around here, bald headed and juveniles, especially lately it seems. I've been seeing them on the islands and perching in a few of our trees on the river. I just don't ever seem to have my camera handy. Well, this morning I did. Samuel saw 'her' first. I took a few pics while she was perched in the tree and snapped this one right after she took flight but didn't think figure it would be that great of a shot--it was kinda a 'blind shot'. I was pleasantly surprised. Isn't she just BEAUTIFUL??? I NEVER tire of eagles. NEVER.

And I ALWAYS call them 'she' or 'her'. I don't know why. I just do!! You SHOULD be able to 'click on the pic' to enlarge it. Check it out. See if YOU can figure out what it is she's holding. We've had a few ideas--anything from a river rat to a squirrel to a small dog. Your guess....

As you can probably tell I didn't make it to church. I had GOOD intentions-just not good enough I suppose. I was talking to my mom and then my dear friend Kim called. I hadn't talked to her in a few weeks and we were catching up. I'm GLAD we had the opportunity to talk--Kim is one of those friends that you don't talk to every day and can still pick up right where you left off last time-- but I'm disappointed in myself that I missed church! UGH!

I DO have a few other pics I wanted to post today but I HAVE to go right now. NOW I REALLY DO hear the shower calling AND my kids! LOL

I'll be back........will you??

Until then.....

Smiles to you!

1 comment:

DESIGN BY CATHLEEN said...

Beautiful! I would love to see an Eagle in person! They are so Regal, congrats on the new job too.

xoxo,
Cathleen