Thursday, October 16, 2008

Apple Dumplings

I found the recipe for these Apple Dumplings earlier in the week at Country Kitchen Recipes and KNEW I needed to try it!!
Here they are still in the pan:










And HERE they are a top a mountain of homemade (Blue Bunny style) Vanilla Bean Ice Cream.........

Mmmmmmmmmmm.........

They were GOOD---PLENTY sweet with a nice crunchy top--(which I'm sure was due to the 1 1/2 CUPS of SUGAR!!!)
I NEVER said they were the HEALTHIEST dessert.......
**NOTE: These taste MUCH better warm--if not warm, right from the oven, then warm right from the microwave.
Nikki didn't too much care for them...she said it was 'too mushy on the bottom'. Samuel LOVED 'em---COME ON! They're FULL of SUGAR of COURSE he loved them!!! Joe, well, Joe I'm not sure of yet. He had one on the way out the door last night to work so I don't think he got the FULL effect. PLUS he probably ate it cold...not warmed.

Tonight I'm making Crawfish Soup. My dear friend Shelly told me about how she makes it the last time we were at their house for dinner so I thought I'd give it a whirl. I'll have to take a picture and tell you just how scrumptious it is in one of my next posts. :)

So this morning I was in the kitchen doing SOMETHING when I looked out and saw these guys:
I didn't get to my camera in time to get them cruisin' down the river in single file...mom (white) with her four 'babies' and then dad (a Canada Goose) holding up the rear. By the time I got my camera they were already swimming this way...back toward the island and I have NO idea where dad went--I THINK to another, smaller island close by. The interesting part, to me, is that MOM is a domesticated goose and DAD is a Canada goose. The babies have more the coloring of Dad but the build and the orange beak of Mom. This 'Momma Goose' has been here for a while....I'll have to double check with Joe, as he keeps up with these things, but I'm pretty sure this isn't her first batch of babies since we've been here.
Samuel stayed home from school today--he hasn't been feeling so good this week (a cold) and asked this morning to stay home so I let him. I head back to work tonight so I figured a little extra rest for him today wouldn't be such a bad thing.
Nikki has a volleyball game tonight so keep her in your prayers!! :)
See you next time!
-S

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

those dumplings look delish!