Wednesday, October 29, 2008

No pictures

Well I now have TWO kids sick home. Salvador is still sick. I took him to the Dr. yesterday and the Dr. said he might be able to go back to school today but probably, definately by Thursday. Well, when I went to get him up for school this morning, he STILL had a terrible headache so he's home. Before I knew it, Nikki came up from her 'cave' and now SHE has a headache and feels crappy. Samuel is the only healthy kid.....for now. My guess is he'll come down with it in a few....we'll see. Maybe he'll be spared? The other two are motrin'd up and in their beds sleeping.
I woke up with a scratchy throat this morning and a 'snuffly' nose (that's what Sammo calls it{teehee}), but don't feel too bad. Hopefully I won't get it. I've been washing, washing and washing STILL my hands. UGH!
On a happier note.........
Joe and I went out this morning looking for and collecting leaves. WHY? You might ask???? Well.......it's ALL Samuel's fault--kind of.....
He has THE BEST teacher this year. He's in 3rd grade you know and his teacher does THE COOLEST things. I've heard SUCH GOOD things about her and was SOOOOO happy to find out SHE was going to be HIS teacher this year!!!! One of the things they do is collect leaves, press them and then make up animal collages. I've seen them in the foyer of the school before and let me just tell you, 3rd graders are SUPER creative!! Samuel had to have his leaves pressed, ready and brought back to school by yesterday. He went out with Joe last week and they found some of THE COOLEST leaves. They pressed them and yesterday morning Samuel and I collected them back up so he could bring them to school. WOW!!! Were they ever pretty!!! (I let him take the smaller ones but I brought the larger ones in for him. I was afraid they'd get bent or broken during transport. ) While pulling them out of the bajillion books and pages I couldn't help but realize how beautiful they were and the things I could do with them!! So this morning, collection basket in hand, Joe and I went on a 'leaf hunt'. It was SO MUCH fun. I am SO blessed. Joe is THE BEST guy a girl could ever ask for (even when he's being 'bumpity'. :) Anyways, we collected a basketful of BEAUTIFIUL leaves. I SHOULD have taken a picture or two of the basket FULL but I've already put them to be pressed. :( Keep your eyes posted in the next few weeks to see what I end up doing!!!
I can't wait to see what Samuel comes up with!!! I've already decided that WHATEVER it is, I'm going to frame it. I just KNOW it's going to be AWESOME!!! :)
Well I'm off to complete a card or two today......that is my goal!!! :) I haven't had a chance to REALLY 'play and create' in SO long and I've REALLY been wanting to. There have just been SO MANY other things that have needed my attention! :) Soooooo, check out my OTHER blog in the next few days or so to see what I've come up with!!!
Until next time......
-S

No comments: