Sunday, October 12, 2008

SO.........what have we been up to.......

Well, YOU know how life is.......
....BUSY, BUSY, BUSY!



It IS apple season here, so we've been busy making our fair share of 'apple stuff'...
apple crisps, pies and I'm SURE dehydrated apples soon enough (the kids LOVE them!!).
We got an invitation to make apple cider again this year too......HOPEFULLY Joe will be able to make it over for that....I'll be working....I just LOVE apple cider!!!







Oh! and we CAN'T forget about the Oooey, gooey, caramel, chocolate sometimes with chopped nuts sprinkled over top apples.....
Mmmmmm. They are scrumptious. :)










Samuel isn't doing a sport right now, which is probably a BLESSING. It's busy enough with Nikki and everything she is involved in. Samuel is more into soccer and they don't offer Fall soccer here. :( So, Samuel will have to wait for Spring. I'm HOPING to get him interested in karate. We DO have a guy who teaches karate here and one of the traveler Docs has gone and said this guy is AWESOME. I'd MUCH rather have Samuel doing karate than football so I'm going to gently nudge that way with him.
Nikki is still doing volleyball, again this year and loving it. I'm pretty sure she'll stick with volleyball all throughout HS. Once volleyball is over she's going to cheer for basketball. I think she'll enjoy it. If you remember, she cheered for Pop Warner when we lived in California for a few years and LOVED it. It IS more Nikki don't you think?
Anyways, here is Nikki, she's #3, at one of their games this year. I haven't been to any lately just because of the work/game night schedule conflict. Nikki also participated in Powder Puff football this year. THAT was fun to watch!

Now, look at these twoGOOF BALLS!!!
Here's Sammo and Salvador (our 'adopted' son.) For those of you who don't know, Salvador is a friend of Nikki's who was having some 'issues' last Spring or so and started spending quite a bit of time over here at our house. He spent the majority of his summer here with us and is part of the family anymore. He's like a big brother to Sammo and Sammo LOVES that!!! Salvador........he's cool with it. :) He says Samuel is the little brother he never had. He does REAL good with him but just like ANYONE after a while Samuel can ride your nerves. They're both big Wii/DS fans so they enjoy spending as much time as they can playing video games. They ESPECIALLY like Guitar Hero and Need for Speed Carbon (heaven forbid I forget the 'carbon' part.
Salvador IS playing football....JV. Unfortunately I haven't been able to make it to ONE game he's played in yet this season. :(
You know me, I always enjoy taking pictures. This is a picture from the deck that I took one day last week, I think. The fog had rolled in and I just thought it was beautiful. It's mornings, and scenery, like this that reminds me why I enjoy it here so much:
Oh, it was a frigid morning---I don't care for THAT part so well but so long as I can be warm, it's ALL good!!
Joe is out hunting this morning. He saw a few yesterday he said but didn't shoot. Hopefully he'll get his early this year. You can BET I'll post of a pic!!!
Alright, so this is a start..... :)
Hope to see you back again soon! And don't be afraid to leave a comment or two!
Lots of Love from all of us!

No comments: