Thursday, October 30, 2008

PUMPKIN COOKIES

I talked about it and HONESTLY I didn't think it would happen BUT IT DID!!!! I ended up pulling out the recipe for the Pumpkin Cookies after all. After reading through the recipe (which by the way, is as easy as they come) and realizing I DID have everything I needed, I just went for it. I just dumped all the ingredients into my Kitchen Aid,
mixed, for literally less than a minute, dropped from the scoop and baked.
It was SO INCREDIBLY easy and the kids were happy to have cookies.
Joe's not a huge fan of these cookies (GOOD!! That means there's more for ME!!!) and can't you only just hear Nikki saying, because she did, "These are good but they'd be better without the chocolate chips." Hmmm, REALLY?! Break my heart, don't eat them....AGAIN, MORE for ME!!! (Especially because it would seem I'm going to have to FIGHT Salvador for them. HE liked them!!)
Here they are baking:
Mmmmmmmmm.
And you KNOW they are BEST fresh and warm right from the oven when the chocolate is soft and gooey.
Scroll down for the recipe. Give it a try and come back and leave a comment about whether you liked them or not!!
This is just one of those foods that reminds me of home. :)
PUMPKIN COOKIES
2 cups canned pumpkin
2 eggs
1 cup oil
2 cups sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups flour
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups chocolate chips
1 cup walnuts (optional) *I did not use nuts but go for it if you want!!
2 tsp baking soda (dissolved in 2 teaspoons of milk and added LAST)
Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes
** Confession here.....I guess I didn't look back at the recipe after the inital read. I baked them at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. I DO have a convection oven (which by the way I THINK was a waste because seriously, I don't notice a difference.... usually. I also, as you can see from the photo used my stones (I don't have ANY metal or glass anymore--just PC stoneware) so maybe the combination made the difference?!**
If you try it out be sure to come back and let me know how you like it or if you come up with any great modifications.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stacey, I wish I were there so I could give you a big hug! You make me feel so close with your blog. The kids are certainly growing up, aren't they. Gonna try the pumpkin cookies after I find a Pampered chef lady to buy some stoneware from!